About Me

My Photo
I'm not quite who I used to be, but who I was has helped me become who I am. Now I am who I am. Who I was and who I am will in part determine who I become, but I'm not quite there yet.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Keeping it Real

Are you a Christian? How? Because you said a prayer, you asked God to forgive you and come into your life? Are you a Christian because you got baptized and joined a church? If you took a shower, rubbed some wax on your body, sprayed armour-all on your shoes, and stood in a garage, would that make you a car? You might resemble one, but no, that would not make you a car. Resembling a Christian doesn't make you a Christian. A Christian has prayed the salvation prayer and been baptized and joined a church, but it doesn't end there. A real Christian not only believes in Christ, but behaves like Christ. A real Christian exhibits the characteristics and spirit of Christ. In order be like Christ, it's imperative to know Christ. When you meet someone new, how do you get to know them? You spend time with them and have conversations with them. How do you get to know Christ? You spend time with Him and have conversations with Him. Talk to Him through prayer, listen to Him through quite time alone with Him and through His Scriptures. Listen in church. God uses pastors and teachers to speak to us. Listen to them! Go to church with the expectation of communicating with God. A real Christian knows Christ, communicates with Christ, and has a continuing relationship with Christ. Are you a real Christian? Just keeping it real!

2 comments:

  1. What chapter and verse do we find the "Prayer" that a sinner prays to get into heaven?

    When Paul answered the Phillipian jailer as to the question - "sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

    The answer in Acts 16:30,31 "Believe on the lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved"

    I do not find ANY prayers for salvation in the entire Word of God!

    wmknapp55@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trust you're not actually expecting an answer to your question because as we both know there's not a "salvation prayer" in the Bible. I believe the Bible does not contain a salvation prayer because the Holy Spirit works in each person as an individual. Saying a cookie-cutter prayer is not salvation - it has to be personal. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete